REpower signs contracts for wind farm in UK
New Delhi: Suzlon Energy on Monday said its UK-based unit REpower has signed two contracts for supplying turbines for a new wind farm in England.
"Suzlon Group's UK subsidiary, REpower UK signed two new contracts totalling 16.4 MW. The company will be supplying wind turbines for a new wind farm at South Wales in England," an official statement said.
"Construction work will commence in summer 2013 and will be completed towards the end of the year," the statement said.
These wind farms will have output of 8.2 MW each, enough to generate power for nearly 5,000 homes.
The Suzlon stock was trading at Rs 18.75 on the BSE, up 1.90 percent, in the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20