Sahara chief Subrata Roy being taken to Delhi by road
Zee Media Bureau/Rd. Alexander
New Delhi: Sahara Chief Subrata Roy is being brought to Delhi by road by the Uttar Pradesh Police following his arrest to be produced before the Supreme Court on Tuesday.
The Sahara chief was arrested on Friday after he failed to appear before the apex court in a contempt case arising out of non refund of Rs 20,000 crore to investors by two of his companies.
Last week on Wednesday, the SC had issued a non-bailable warrant against Roy.
However, after much high-end drama and his appeal for cancellation of the NBW, the Sahara chief was arrested on Friday by the UP police and kept at the UP forest department guest house located in Kukrail area.
According to reports, he is being taken to Delhi by road by the UP police and will be produce before the Supreme Court on Tuesday.
Under custody since his arrest, the SC had ordered him to appear before it on March 4 (Tuesday).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300