SBI bank manager, community co-ordinator held for loan scam
Anantapur: A bank manager and a community co-ordinator in a Rs 1.18-crore loan scam related to the Indira Kranti Patham (IKP) government scheme were arrested in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh by the Dharmavaram police on prima facie evidence.
The accused had fraudulently shown fictitious names as beneficiaries of the scheme.
The scam came into light when mandal level community leaders of the scheme and IKP officials complained about it to the Dharmavaram police.
Dharmavaram DSP Shaikh Nawabjan told PTI that the police arrested State Bank of India (SBI) Tadimarri branch manager Rafiq, who presently works at Koyalakuntla branch and one Sake Kristappa who worked as IKP community co-ordinator and produced them before the local magistrate's court.
The court has remanded the accused to judicial custody until Feb 28, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300