SC bench recuses from hearing Niira Radia tape case
New Delhi: Taking exception to the strong words used by senior counsel Rajiv Dhawan about court adjourning the hearing on the petition by industrialist Ratan Tata in Niira Radia tapes case, the Supreme Court bench headed by Justice G.S. Singhvi Wednesday recused itself from hearing the matter.
"We will not hear this matter at all in view of the submission made by senior counsel Rajiv Dhawan. Matter should be heard by another bench," said Justice Singhvi, taking serious view of some of the words used by Dhawan while insisting that the court should hear his submission.
Protesting the adjournment of the hearing of the case, Rajiv Dhawan appearing for a news magazine that carried the extracts of former corporate lobbyist Niira Radia's telephone intercepts described the adjournment of hearing as arbitrary, unfortunate and denying media a right to answer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300