SC likely to review Reliance gas price hike today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday will hear the PILs challenging the Centre's decision to allow Reliance Industries to raise the price of natural gas from April 1.
A bench headed by Chief Justice P Sathasivam had earlier adjourned the hearing as the Centre has not filed its response.
The court was hearing two PILs---one filed by senior CPI MP Gurudas Dasgupta and other by an NGO Common Cause-- challenging the government decision to increase the price of natural gas.
The apex court had issued notice to the Centre, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) and others on a PIL seeking cancellation of contract for exploration of oil and gas concerning the Krishna-Godavari block and to impose penalty for failure in adhering to commitments.
The petitioners also sought a direction for a thorough audit by CAG of the working of the production sharing contract (PSC) governing KG block, gold plating by RIL, the underproduction by RIL and all related issues.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300