SEBI seeks info from Infosys on June 1 board meeting
New Delhi: Market regulator SEBI has sought clarifications from Infosys regarding its June 1 board meeting in which the company re-appointed N R Narayana Murthy as its Executive Chairman.
Infosys today said it has provided the information sought by the SEBI.
"SEBI has sought certain clarifications from us relating to the board meeting held on June 1 and we have provided the same. We will fully co-operate with SEBI and provide all necessary information in this matter," an Infosys spokesperson said.
Specific details could not be immediately ascertained.
Going by reports, there was substantial movement in the stock prices of Infosys a day before the June 1 (Saturday) board meeting when Murthy was appointed as Executive Chairman and Additional Director.
While Sensex fell by over 2 percent, Infosys shares had gained over 3 percent on May 31 (Friday).
Struggling IT major Infosys had on June 1 recalled its founder N R Narayana Murthy and returned control of the company that has disappointed investors with poor earnings in the last nine quarters and losing ground to smaller rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300