SpiceJet pips AI to become 3rd largest domestic carrier
New Delhi: SpiceJet’s 'Big Sale' scheme of offering million tickets at Rs 2,013 across the country was a super hit. It helped the budget carrier overtake Air India to grab the third position in domestic airlines market share in February.
Indigo has retained it’s numer- uno position with a market share of 27.4 percent. It was followed by Jet Airways together with JetLite in the second spot at 25.4 percent and Air India slipped at fourth position from 20.3 percent to 18.9 percent. At third spot, Spice Jet garnered 20.4 percent market share.
According to reports, the total number of domestic fliers carried by local airlines dipped to 4.89 million, a reduction of close to 5% compared with 5.13 million passengers flown in January 2013.
SpiceJet had launched a fire sale, offering a million air tickets at Rs 2,013 apiece for two days in January for travel up to April.
With Agency Reports
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300