SpiceJet surges 8.5% on stake sale buzz
Mumbai: Shares of SpiceJet on Tuesday climbed as much as 8.5 percent amid reports that the carrier was in talks with foreign carriers for stake sale.
Following the stake sale buzz, shares of the company opened higher and further zoomed 8.51 percent to Rs 47.80 on the BSE.
The stock had risen over 169 percent last year on stake sale hopes.
As per a media report, the company is reportedly in talks with some foreign carriers, including Gulf carrier Qatar Airways, and the deal could materialise this quarter.
Meanwhile, rally in the stock outperformed the stock market's gain where the Sensex was trading at 19,950.8, up 44.39 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300