SpiceJet surges 8.5% on stake sale buzz
Mumbai: Shares of SpiceJet on Tuesday climbed as much as 8.5 percent amid reports that the carrier was in talks with foreign carriers for stake sale.
Following the stake sale buzz, shares of the company opened higher and further zoomed 8.51 percent to Rs 47.80 on the BSE.
The stock had risen over 169 percent last year on stake sale hopes.
As per a media report, the company is reportedly in talks with some foreign carriers, including Gulf carrier Qatar Airways, and the deal could materialise this quarter.
Meanwhile, rally in the stock outperformed the stock market's gain where the Sensex was trading at 19,950.8, up 44.39 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20