Swipe Telecom launched tablet PC with 3D facility
Mumbai: California-based Swipe Telecom on Wednesday launched a range of tablets here, including the country's "first 3D tablet".
The tablets are priced in the range of Rs 5,999 to Rs 6,999, while the one with phone facility is priced at Rs 8,999.
The company claims that these are the fastest and lightest devices in the category.
Swipe Telecom Founder and Chief executive Shripal Gandhi said the dometic tablet PC market was 0.95 million units or Rs 2,200 crore in value last year, but is expected to touch 2.2 million units this year.
The US, the largest tablet market with 20.9 million units sold in 2011, is projected to sell more than twice as much, at 42.5 million, this year. Europe is expected to witness sale of 28.7 million tablets this year.
Co-founder and Chief Financial Officer Aman Gupta said the company is backed by Mantra Ventures with commitment of USD 10 million, and is also in discussion with other PEs for an additional USD 20 million.
Mantra Ventures has a portfolio consisting of companies in the real estate, KPO, BPO and healthcare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products