Tata Comm partners Mercedes AMG Petronas
Mumbai: Tata Communications on Wednesday said it has partnered with Mercedes AMG Petronas, to deliver trackside connectivity for the team at all Formula One race locations.
With the new partnership, Tata Communications becomes the 'Official Managed Connectivity Supplier' to the team, the company said in a statement.
Tata Communications will work closely with the team to deliver high-speed, high quality and secure trackside connectivity, it said.
This will enable the team to transfer vital real-time data from the Silver Arrow cars at any Grand Prix location to its headquarters in the UK, three times faster than at present, the statement said.
"Formula One relies on data and the ability to transfer our data from the track back to our factories in Brackley and Brixworth quickly and securely. The Tata Communications global network will play a key role in the team's performance and our ability to react over the race weekends," Mercedes AMG Petronas Team Principal Ross Brawn said.
In February 2012, Tata Communications announced a multi-year technology service and marketing agreement with Formula One Management to deliver connectivity to all Formula One race locations.
It also provides global hosting and content delivery services to the official Formula One website Formula1.Com.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20