Tata Steel India Q1 sales up 26% to 2.1 MT
New Delhi: Tata Steel India on Tuesday reported over 26 percent jump in sales at 2.005 million tonnes (MT) in the first quarter of this fiscal ended June 30.
The steel maker had sold 1.585 MT during the April-June quarter of previous fiscal and 2.279 MT during the January- March, 2013 period, it said in a statement.
Production of saleable steel of the company also rose by 23 percent to touch at 2.145 MT during the April-June period of the current fiscal from 1.740 MT a year ago. Tata Steel had produced 2.263 MT saleable steel during January-March 2013 quarter.
Total hot metal production of the company was higher by 20 percent to 2.464 MT during the reporting quarter compared to 2.053 MT a year earlier. This is the best-ever hot metal production for Tata Steel in its lone Jamshedpur facility in India.
Crude steel production was also accordingly up by 22 percent to 2.223 MT during the April-June quarter of the current fiscal compared to 1.817 MT a year earlier. Tata Steel had produced 2.298 MT crude steel during the January-March quarter of 2012-13 fiscal, the company said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300