Thai Airways to start direct Ahmedabad-Bangkok flight from Apr
Gandhinagar: Thai Airways International will start a direct flight on Ahmedabad-Bangkok route from April 1, Thailand's Ambassador to India Pisan Manawapat said on Saturday.
" ... Thai Airways International will begin the first direct flight from Ahmedabad from April 1," he said at the valedictory session of the sixth edition of 'Vibrant Gujarat' summit, the state government's showpiece biennial event for attracting investment.
Though he did not mention the frequency of the flight from Ahmedabad, Manawapat said this would help attract more tourists to Thailand from Gujarat and reduce the burden of the people of Gujarat to catch flights from Mumbai or Delhi for their trips to Thailand.
Thai Airways International operates direct flights from at least eight Indian cities.
The Ambassador also said that a Thai firm is looking to set up a manufacturing plant in Gujarat, but he did not divulge the identity of the company.
Meanwhile, lauding the efforts of Chief Minister Narendra Modi for the development of the state, Manawapat said, "Whenever I visit to Gujarat, something concrete is always in the making".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300