Three-day block closure begins in Tata Motors Jamshedpur plant
Jamshedpur: A three-day block closure in Tata Motors Jamshedpur plant here has begun from Thursday.
Keeping in view the prevailing economic scenario, we have taken appropriate action time to time to match production with demand, company sources said.
The closure, which will be observed from August 29-31, was aimed to prevent unnecessary build up of inventory in the company as well as at dealers end, sources said.
The block closure will be followed by a Sunday, which is a holiday, sources said.
A circular in this regard was issued in the company last week.
General Secretary of Telco Workers Union (TWU) Chandrabhan Singh said the economic slow down and slump in demand of heavy commercial vehicle was the reason behind the company's decision.
"We had produced around 6,000 units of heavy commercial vehicles last month whereas the number was less in the current month, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300