Union Bank Q3 net profit up 37% at Rs 302 crore
Mumbai: Union Bank of India on Thursday said its net profit rose by 37.7 percent to Rs 302.40 crore for the third quarter ended December 2012.
The state-run bank had posted net profit of Rs 219.7 crore in the same quarter of the previous fiscal.
Total income of the bank during October-December quarter of 2012-13 increased to Rs 6,959.37 crore from Rs 5,989.48 crore a year ago, it said in a filing to the BSE.
Net interest margin--a gauge of profitability--of the bank, however, declined to 2.95 percent from 3.20 percent in the same quarter a year earlier, it said.
Net interest income rose by 9.88 percent to Rs 1,891 crore from Rs 1,721 crore during December quarter 2012.
For the nine months ended December 2012, the net profit of the bank rose to Rs 1,368.55 crore from Rs 1,013.94 crore a year ago. Total income during April-December period rose to Rs 20,176.14 crore from Rs 16,977.87 crore, it said.
Union Bank scrips were trading 4.54 percent higher at Rs 252.05 apiece on the BSE in afternoon trades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300