US experts begin probe into Boeing 787 battery fire risk
New Delhi: A team of experts from US aviation authorities and Boeing Co arrived in Japan on Friday to investigate into the emergency landing of 787 Dreamliner plane following a battery fire incident, a news wire reported on Friday.
The five representatives from the US National Transportation Safety Board, Federal Aviation Administration and Boeing are helping Japanese authorities in the investigation of the aircraft.
The Japan Transport Safety Board aims to end its initial checks by around midday on Saturday, the wire has reported.
The entire 50-strong global fleet of Boeing 787 Dreamliners, including six of Air India, were grounded on Thursday as US regulator Federal Aviation Administration asked airlines to cease operations of these planes temporarily till a battery fire risk was corrected.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300