US stocks sink more than 2% on bad manufacturing data
New York: US stocks Monday fell more than two percent after a surprisingly weak US manufacturing report sparked another round of selling, deepening the equity market retreat of early 2014.
As markets closed, the Dow Jones Industrial Average tumbled 326.05 points (2.08 percent) to 15,372.80. The broad-based S&P 500 fell 40.70 (2.28 percent) to 1,741.89 and the tech-rich Nasdaq Composite Index slumped 106.92 (2.61 percent) to 3,996.96.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300