USFDA gives nod for Riluzole tablets to Sun Pharma, Glenmark
New Delhi: India's Sun Pharmaceutical Industries and Glenmark Generics have got approval from US health regulator to sell generic versions of nervous system disorder treatment drug Riluzole.
As per the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) web site, the approvals were given for generic Riluzole oral tablets in the strength of 50 mg.
Riluzole is indicated for treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. As per IMS Health sales data for the 12 month period ended March 2013, Riluzole had garnered sales of USD 64 million in the US market.
Glenmark Generics is a subsidiary of Glenmark Pharma and focuses on developing, manufacturing, selling and the distribution of generics through wholesalers, retailers and pharmacy chains.
Shares of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries and Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Friday respectively closed at Rs 949.85 and Rs 542.85 per scrip on BSE, down 1.85 and 1.90 percent from their previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20