Volkswagen Group to set up 25 training centres in India
Kolkata: Leading German automobile manufacturer Volkswagen Group would set up 25 training centres across the country by 2015, an official of the company said.
"We have 12 training centres across the country at present. We plan to touch 25 such units by 2015," Dietmar Hildebrandt, director, Volkswagen Group, said today.
Announcing launch of the first training centre in eastern India at Dum Dum in collaboration with JIS Group here today, Hildebrandt said the idea behind setting up such training centres was to boost after-sales service of cars produced by the company in India.
The Volkswagen Group, which has brands like Skoda, Audi, Volkswagen and Porshe among others, sold around 1.13 lakh units in 2012.
Hildebrandt said last year the group sold nine million units worldwide.
The company would also expand the dealership network across the country from 230 at present, he said adding the centres would give practical as well as theoretical sessions on mechatronics, after-sales, soft skills and IT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300