Warburg Pincus sells 5.6% stake in Havells India for Rs 455 cr
Mumbai: Global private equity firm Warburg Pincus Tuesday sold 5.6 percent stake in electrical goods maker Havells India for Rs 455 crore.
Warburg Pincus, which held its stake in Havells India through its group firm Seacrest Investment Ltd, offloaded 70 lakh shares (amounting to 5.61 percent stake) of Havells India, according to bulk data available with the stock exchanges.
The shares were sold on an average price of Rs 650.02 valuing the deal size at Rs 455 crore, data showed.
As of December quarter, the private equity firm held 1.28 crore shares or 10.27 percent holding in Havells India.
In December 2007, Warburg Pincus has acquired over 67.60 lakh securities in Havells India for Rs 439.40 crore.
Meanwhile, Janus Invest Fund bought 51.97 lakh shares of Havells India for Rs 338 crore and Janus Aspen Series purchased 12.45 lakh scrips of the electrical goods maker for Rs 81 crore.
Havells India's product range includes industrial and domestic switchgears, cables and wires, energy meters, fans, CFL lamps, lighting systems for domestic, commercial and industrial application, and modular switches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300