Wipro's promoter entity sells shares worth Rs 3,269 cr
Mumbai: A promoter entity of Wipro Ltd Friday offloaded over seven crore shares of the IT company to two other promoters in transactions worth Rs 3269.57 crore.
As per the block deal data available with the stock exchanges, Hasham Traders sold 7.43 crore shares of Azim Premji-led Wipro, which were purchased by two other promoter entities -- Prazim Traders and Zash Traders.
The shares were sold at an average price of Rs 440.05 apiece, aggregating to a total amount of Rs 3269.57 crore.
Both Prazim and Zash have picked up 3.71 crore shares each.
As on December 31, 2012, Hasham Traders held 54.37 crore shares representing 22.08 percent stake in Wipro.
Prazim held 22 percent stake in the company, while Zash had a holding of 21.95 percent.
Shares of Wipro Friday gained 0.57 percent from the previous close to end at Rs 440.95 on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300