Zee Media acquires Maurya TV
New Delhi: Zee Media Corporation on Thursday announced the acquisition of popular regional news and current affairs channel Maurya TV, which was launched by noted film maker Prakash Jha a couple of years ago.
In a regulatory filing, Zee Media said its board of directors, during their meeting today, approved the acquisition of up to 100 per cent equity stake in Maurya TV Private Ltd.
However, financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
This entity is "engaged in the business of broadcasting of a regional news and current affairs television channel 'Maurya TV' in the state of Bihar & Jharkhand," the filing added.
The deal is subject to various regulatory approvals.
Prakash Jha has made many films including Satyagraha, Raajneeti and Gangaajal.
Zee Media is the largest news network in India, comprising Zee News Ltd, Diligent Media Corp and India Web Portal, according to its website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300