1.74 lakh people unemployed in Delhi
New Delhi: As many as 1.74 lakh people are unemployed in Delhi, the Economic Survey of Delhi said today.
The figure constitutes 3.18 percent of the metropolis' total labour force.
Quoting National Sample Survey Organisation survey between July 2009 and June 2010, the survey said there are 1,74,189 unemployed workers in Delhi, of which 15,024 belong to rural areas while 1,59,165 are from urban region.
Of the total 52,96,761 employed people, 51,71,968 belong to urban and 1,24,793 to rural areas.
Over 86 percent of the unemployed are male, the figures suggest.
According to the data, a total of 5,69,678 women are employed in Delhi. The figure constitutes 10.75 percent of the city's work force. Of these employed women, over 99 percent reside in urban areas.
The survey reveals that the estimated number of workers during 2010 was 54.70 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300