New Delhi: Former Telecom Minister A Raja failed to dissuade DoT's former Deputy Director General (AS) A K Srivastava and key witness of the 2G spectrum allocation case on Tuesday.
According to reports, the key witness stood by his facts against Raja, his former secretary RK Chandolia and Unitech.
During the cross-examination, DoT's former Deputy Director General (AS) A K Srivastava was shown many documents by Raja's counsel Sushil Kumar and was asked to explain them.
Responding to Kumar's posers, Srivastava said a note was initiated in the DoT in April 2010 on CAG's audit queries regarding "the loss of potential revenue" of Rs 48,374 crore due to non-revision of entry fees for the radio waves.
He testified that the DoT's April 20, 2010 note also pertained to the replies related to the discrepancy in issuing the letters of intent (LoIs) and their compliance.
"A note dated April 20, 2010 was submitted to me by Madan Chaurasia (a DoT official) pertaining to reply of CAG audit inspection memos regarding discrepancy in issue of letters of intent and their compliance and loss of potential revenue of Rs 48,374 crore due to non-revision of entry fee.
"This note sheet came to me through proper channel and I marked the same to Member (T). Eventually, this was approved as amended by the then MOC&IT A Raja on May 3, 2010," he told Special CBI Judge O P Saini.
Srivastava, whose cross-examination would continue tomorrow, had earlier told the court that Raja, being the then telecom minister, was the "final authority" to take decisions on policy matters in the DoT.
During his cross-examination, Srivastava testified that the DoT's performance audit by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India was already underway when the CBI conducted searches in the Department in October 2009.
WIth PTI Inputs
First Published: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 15:38