New Delhi: Former Telecom Minister A Raja, facing trial in the 2G spectrum allocation case, on Wednesday moved a Delhi Court for bail saying the case against him is "false and fabricated".
Raja filed the bail plea soon after the Supreme Court today granted bail to former Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura in the 2G case.
Raja, who is in jail since his arrest on February 2 last year, sought bail from Special CBI Judge O P Saini on the ground of parity saying all his co-accused have already secured it.
"The case against the petitioner (Raja) is false and fabricated and not sustainable in law or on facts," Raja said in his four-page bail plea.
On Raja's bail plea, the court issued notice to the CBI and sought its reply by May 11.
"Put up for reply and arguments on bail plea for May 11," the judge said.
Besides Raja, DMK MP Kanimozhi, Behura, Raja's former private secretary R K Chandolia, corporate honchos -- Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani group's MD Gautam Doshi, ADAG group President Surendra Pipara and Senior Vice President Hari Nair, Unitech MD Sanjay Chandra and Swan Telecom promoters Shahid Usman Balwa and Vinod Goenka -- are facing trial in the case.
The court has also put on trial Kalaignar TV MD Sharad Kumar, Director of Cineyug Media and Entertainment Pvt Ltd Karim Morani and Directors of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd Asif Balwa and Rajeev Agarwal.
Besides the 14 people, three telecom firms - Swan Telecom Pvt Ltd, Reliance Telecom Ltd and Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Pvt Ltd, are also facing trial in the case.
Raja and others have been charged for the offences including criminal breach of trust that entails a maximum punishment of life.
First Published: Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 16:07