2G scam: Court reserves order for Jan 30 on complaint against PM, Maran
New Delhi: A Delhi court Thursday reserved its order for January 30 on a complaint seeking registration of an FIR against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran for their alleged role in the 2G scam.
"Arguments have been heard. Put up for order on January 30," Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal said after hearing the arguments from the CBI as well as the complainant Vivek Garg.
During the arguments, Additional Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran told the court that the complaint should have been filed before the Special Court constituted exclusively to deal with all the cases and matters pertaining to 2G spectrum scam.
"The complainant (Garg) should move the special court. The present complaint, filed before any other court except the special court is not maintainable. This court may direct this matter to be placed before the special court," he said.
Garg, who in his complaint has accused the Prime Minister and Maran of "unlawfully changing and diluting" the original Terms of References (ToRs) for vacation and reallocation of spectrum leading to the 2G scam, told the court that first the CBI should lodge an FIR and then further proceedings can be done in the special court.
Garg also filed his reply in response to the CBI's status report submitted in the court earlier and sought initiation of action against the agency for filing a "misleading" report.
The CBI had earlier told the court that Garg's complaint has been merged with the FIR already registered by it against Maran and others in October 2011.
Garg had earlier sent a complaint to the CBI and also to the Anti-Corruption Branch of Delhi government, before moving the court.