Aadhaar-LPG cylinders linkage deadline extended for Hyderabad
Hyderabad: In a relief to the citizens of Andhra Pradesh capital, the deadline for linkage of LPG cylinders on subsidy with Aadhaar has been extended till March 15.
With the oil companies earlier deciding to make Aadhaar linkage compulsory for availing LPG cylinder on subsidy, a mad rush was witnessed for Aadhar enrolment.
However, the residents had resorted to road blockades on the busy Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway to protest against the non-availability of Aadhaar forms and other problems at the enrolment centres.
In the wake of concerns expressed by the citizens, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy had urged the Union Petroleum Ministry to extend the deadline.
With the Centre agreeing to the request, the state government today said the people of Hyderabad and neighbouring Ranga Reddy district can now provide their Aadhaar enrolment numbers to the gas agencies till March 15, state government officials said.
Residents of Anantpur, Chittoor and East Godavari also have to submit their Aadhaar numbers to the gas agencies, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products