Absence of govt decision-making biggest concern: Premji
"I think the biggest concerns are governance issues... complete absence of decision-making among leaders in the government...", he said when asked what he thought was the "biggest concern for the country today".
If prompt corrective action is not taken, there is going to be a setback to economic growth, he added.
"You must appreciate how serious it is", he said. Apparently referring to scams in media spotlight, he pointed out the "governance issues which are hitting headlines, hitting a little less today than they were hitting a month back".
A group of prominent personalities, including Premji, Keshub Mahindra and HDFC's Deepak Parekh, had in a letter to the national leaders earlier this month had expressed concerns over a series of scams leading to 'governance deficit', but had said that national challenges like fighting corruption cannot be solved by urban protests and posturing.
In their second 'open letter', they had endorsed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's statement that economic progress must not be hijacked by internal dissensions.
On the government's response to this, Premji said: "So far as the open letter is concerned, the reaction of the Prime Minister has been positive to it in terms of taking it on record".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20