Air passenger traffic grows by 1.59% in March
New Delhi: Domestic air passenger traffic marginally increased by 1.59 percent in March at 51.89 lakh from 51.08 lakh during the corresponding month of last year, the civil aviation ministry said Thursday.
On a month-on-month basis the traffic grew by 6.07 percent, as the domestic airlines carried 51.89 lakh passenger in the month under review from 48.92 lakh passengers ferried in February, 2013.
However, the overall passengers carried by domestic airlines during the first quarter of the calender year (Jan-Mar, 2013) was 152.12 lakh, a decline of 2.78 percent from the corresponding period of last year, when the passenger carrier's ferried 156.47 lakh travellers.
On a standalone basis, IndiGo had the largest market share of 27.4 percent, followed by SpiceJet (20.4 percent), Air India's domestic operations (20.2), Jet Airways (17.7 percent), Go Air (8.1 percent) and Jetlite (6.1 percent).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300