Bharat Bandh: What will be closed and what will be open!
The nation will come to a standstill on Friday when 10 trade unions will call for a nationwide bandh.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The nation will come to a standstill on Friday when 10 trade unions will call for a nationwide bandh.
Various sectors such as public transport, telecom and banking are expected to be affected by the strike.
The unions have claimed that this year's strike is set to the biggest with as many as 18 crore workers participating in the strike; 14 crore has participated in the strike last year.
So, if the strike be so strong, what are the sectors that are likely to be closed or affect and which are not?
What will be closed on September 2 Bharat Bandh:
- Public transport especially those in Delhi, Hyderabad and Bengaluru
- Telecom sector, electricity, mining, defence sectors will be affected
- Government offices
What will be open on Friday:
- Indian Railways as employees are not participating in the strike
- Schools and Colleges
- Supply of essential commodities such as milk, water wil not be affected
- Medical shops will be open