CCEA likely to approve continuation of R-APDRP
New Delhi: Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs is likely to approve on Friday, the continuation of the Restructured Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme in the current plan period (2012-17).
The note regarding the same was floated by the Power Ministry last month.
Approval is likely to be given for continuation of the programme under the current plan period, sources said.
R-APDRP was approved as Central Sector Scheme on July 31, 2008 with total outlay of Rs 51,577 crore.
The focus of the programme is on actual and demonstrable performance in terms of AT&C (Aggregate Technical and Commercial) loss reduction.
The programme covers urban areas ? towns and cities with population more than 30,000 (10,000 for special category states).
Private distribution utilities are not covered under the programme.
Projects under the scheme are taken up in two parts.
Part-A of the project is aimed at establishing IT enabled system for energy accounting and auditing and SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) for big cities (with population of 4 lakhs.
Part-B is for regular distribution, up-gradation and strengthening projects.
The outlay for Part-A is Rs 10,000 crore and that for Part-B Rs 40,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products