China ready to invest $160 bn in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: China is ready to invest about USD 160 billion in different sectors in Andhra Pradesh and improve bilateral ties with India, according to economic advisor to the President of China.
Shoosan Maa, the economic advisor to Xi Jinping and also the Member of Parliament, met Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy here and discussed plans to invest in sectors like food processing, small-scale industries, infrastructure and education, among others, a CMO release said.
While quoting Shoosan on China's intention of pumping in USD 160 billion in the state, the release did not state any timeframe or phases in which such a huge investment could materialise.
"The Chief Minister invited proposals and asked Shoosan to spell out the areas in which they were interested in investing. Shoosan said he would make efforts for promoting investments and improving relations between the two countries," the release said.
Shoosan said his country would send 10,000 students to Hyderabad for education in various streams, according to the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300