CII to hold FoodCon 2012 in Chennai in July
Chennai: The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will organise the FoodCon 2012: Conference on Advanced Technologies for Global Food Market here July 27, a statement from the industry body said.
The Tamil Nadu Technology Development & Promotion Centre of CII will hold the third edition of the conference that proposes to develop strong linkages within the agro-food processing industry, it said.
The focus would be on fostering new business opportunities and technology platforms for small agro enterprises and doing so enabling them to benefit from the growing market opportunities in the agro food system, domestically and internationally, the statement added.
The conference would also highlight the principles of operation and design of industrial equipment, used in the processing, storage and packaging of foods.
Participants will deliberate over topics such as aseptic processing, drying technology, dairy and marine technologies, packaging, safety, testing and regulations.
Around 200 senior officials from the food industry are expected to participate in the conference, according to CII.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300