Coalgate: 5 companies to appear before IMG’s concluding meeting today
New Delhi: Five more companies will appear before an inter-ministerial panel (IMG) on Saturday to present their side, the final time before IMG decides on further course of action for unsatisfactory working.
The IMG, which had sent out show-cause notices to at least 25 firms for not starting production from the allocated mines, yesterday heard from eight coal block allottees including ArcelorMittal, JSPL, Reliance Power and DB Power among others.
The IMG meeting is taking place in the backdrop of demand to cancel 142 allocations which are under the scanner after a CAG report.
In its report tabled recently in Parliament, the CAG stated that undue benefits to the tune of Rs 1.86 lakh crore were extended to private firms on account of allocation of 57 coal blocks to them.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300