Diesel price hike to cost CIL Rs 1,300 crore per year
Kolkata: The diesel price deregulation for bulk consumers will hit close to Rs 1,300 crore a year for Coal India Ltd, the world's largest coal miner.
"Diesel price hike of Re 1 costs us Rs 120 crore a year and the increase is Rs 11 a litre ... Cost will increase accordingly," Coal India chairman S Narsing Rao told reporters here today.
This translates into increased expenditure of Rs 1320 crore per year.
CIL is suffering from diesel price blow by Rs 5 a litre since September 2012 without any coal price hike. The diesel price deregulation from January led to another round of rise of Rs 11 a litre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300