EPFO wants default on PF remittance under economic offences
Chennai: Retirement fund body EPFO wants defaults on PF remittance by companies to come under economic offences, a top official said on Thursday.
"This (default in PF remittance) is one of the most serious economic offences and we are in talks with the Economic Offences Wing to include it in the list of economic offences so that defaulting companies face severe consequences..", EPFO's Central Provident Fund Commissioner K K Jalan said at a conference organised by ASSOCHAM here.
He also said EPFO is planning to clear 90 percent of claims withing 15 days of filing, instead of the present 3-day period.
Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is aiming to achieve this November 30, 2013.
"The number of claims is humongous, to the tune of about 1.2 crore claims a year and more than 80 percent of this we are clearing within 30 days. This year we will reduce the 30 day deadline to 15 percent..", he said.
He said the EPFO had proposed an amendment to the EPF Act for having multiple tribunals as a few members had complained about having one EPF tribunal only.
"As such we have proposed that we should have multiple tribunals as there should be tribunal in every region or every zone so that cases are resolved much quicker..", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20