GDP figures to be announced Thursday evening
New Delhi: In an unusual move, the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO) will release the third quarter GDP data Thursday evening instead of morning, which is a regular practice.
"In view of the Budget Speech of the Finance Minister in Lok Sabha, press release on GDP estimates for the third quarter of 2012-13 will be released at 5.00 PM on February 28," an official statement said.
According to sources, the GDP growth rate for third quarter is likely to be below 5 percent.
In its advanced estimates which were released earlier this month, the CSO has estimated the country's economic growth at 5 percent during 2012-13 compared to 6.2 per cent last year.
As the growth rate in the first half of the fiscal was 5.3 percent, it is likely that the growth would slip to below 5 percent in the third and the fourth quarter.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram and Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia had earlier questioned the advanced estimates of the CSO arguing that it had ignored the rising trend while projecting the growth figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20