Govt working on regulations for power transmission links
New Delhi: The government is working on regulations to enable power generation companies to provide transmission link with a view to easing pressure on central transmission utility, a top official said on Wednesday.
"We need to look at regulation to see that transmission is done properly. We need to ensure that the (power) generating stations need to ask for medium and long term open access, that is why transmission planning is required," Power Secretary P Uma Shankar told reporters on the sidelines of a FICCI event.
At present, Power Grid Corporation caters to the transmission needs of the entire country.
He said transmission has to be directional, connecting the grid is not enough, "we need to ensure that generating stations look into grid connectivity".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300