The following is the Roadmap for implementation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) from April 1, 2017, as announced by Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia.
New Delhi: The following is the roadmap for implementation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) from April 1, 2017, as announced by Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia.
* Ratification of GST Bill from at least 16 states in 30 days
* Cabinet nod for GST Council after President's assent
* Recommendation of model GST laws by GST Council
* Cabinet nod for the CGST and IGST laws
* Similar approval for SGST by all states
* Passage of CGST, IGST laws in the upcoming winter session
* Notification of GST Rules by March 31, 2017
* Software for GST to be ready by December 2016
* Testing, integration of GST software from January-March
* Training of state, central officials to be over by December
* Stakeholder consultation to be completed by March 2017
* VAT/Service tax/Central Excise to migrated to GST system