Halt on rail platform ticket sale till Nov 10
New Delhi: Northern Railway has decided to stop sale of platform tickets at major stations in the city, including at New Delhi station, with immediate effect to avoid over crowding during Diwali and Chhat puja festivals.
"The sale of platform tickets at New Delhi, Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Delhi Sarai Rohilla and Anand Vihar Terminal stations will be stopped up to November 10," said a Northern Railway statement.
However, people coming to stations to assist senior citizens, physically challenged, medically sick, ladies traveling alone or with children, platform tickets will be sold on demand, the statement said.
The move is aimed at avoiding over-crowding at the stations and platforms to avoid any mishaps as large number of people travel to their places to celebrate the festivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300