Haryana to export potatoes to Malaysia
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Saturday flagged of first consignment potatoes from Panchkula, near here.
State-owned Haryana State Agricultural Marketing Board (HSAMB) will export one lakh metric tonnes of potatoes to Malaysia.
Hooda also inaugurated the first two-day Haryana State Agricultural Marketing Board Fruit, Vegetable and Flower Festival at Panchkula.
Speaking on the occasion, Hooda said that this festival would not only provide useful information to farmers but would also prove to be a milestone in increasing their income.
The Chief Minister urged the farmers to adopt latest technique of cultivation and also take up the cultivation of fruits, vegetables, dairy farming and bee keeping.
He said that the conventional technique of cultivation has now reached its optimum and continuing with the same would not help in increasing production.
"The land holding of the farmers were also reducing in size. Therefore, the farmers would maintain their interest in agriculture only if it yields maximum return, added Hooda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300