Headline inflation to continue around 7% till March: FM
"I am happy that headline inflation has come down from perilously close to the double digit figure from 9.7 percent to 7.47 in the month of December (2011). And I would believe that it would continue till March," Mukherjee said at a FICCI programme here.
On the country's GDP growth rate, he said it would be at seven percent by the end of the current fiscal March 31.
"We need not to be disappointed over the growth performance of our economy. In the first two quarters (of the current fiscal) it was 7.3 percent...," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20