Headline inflation to continue around 7% till March: FM
"I am happy that headline inflation has come down from perilously close to the double digit figure from 9.7 percent to 7.47 in the month of December (2011). And I would believe that it would continue till March," Mukherjee said at a FICCI programme here.
On the country's GDP growth rate, he said it would be at seven percent by the end of the current fiscal March 31.
"We need not to be disappointed over the growth performance of our economy. In the first two quarters (of the current fiscal) it was 7.3 percent...," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300