Hiring activities improve in March: Report
New Delhi: In signs of improved conditions, hiring activities rose across many sectors including consumer goods and FMCG in March, says a report.
Leading job portal Monster.Com's monthly employment index climbed to 124 last month from 115 in February.
"NGO/social services records the highest growth, while consumer goods/FMCG, food and packaged food sectors also record strong annual growth," Monster.Com said today.
The employment index gauges online job posting activity on a monthly basis.
As many as 24 of the 27 industry sectors monitored by the Monster.Com saw better hiring trends in March compared to the year-ago period.
"The Indian economy continues to exhibit resilience. The Monster Employment Index India is showing growth in sectors like import/export; agro-based industries; IT-hardware, software and consumer goods/FMCG," Monster.Com Managing Director (India/ Middle East/ South East Asia) Sanjay Modi said in a statement.
In terms of places, Kochi witnessed the highest annnual growth of 23 percent, followed by Coimbatore (15 percent), it noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20