Hiring activities improved in Oct: Monster.com
The leading job portal's employment index rose 12 percent to 119 last month compared to the same period last year.
However, the index -- a monthly gauge of online job demand-- slipped marginally compared to September this year.
In a statement released on Tuesday, Monster.com said that import/export, IT hardware, software are among the fast moving sectors on an annual basis.
"The Monster Employment Index India maintained positive momentum with double digit annual growth driven by persistently elevated recruitment activity across sectors like IT-Hardware, Software, Telecom ISP and Banking/Financial
Services and Insurance," Monster.com's Managing Director (India/ Middle East/ South East Asia) Sanjay Modi said.
According to the statement, banking/financial services/insurance sector continued to exhibit upward annual growth trends despite moderation in pace.
"Marketing & Communications (down 4 percent) registered the steepest annual decline while legal professionals saw opportunities taper further on the month...," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300