Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian Railways has released features and pictures of it is ''model rake''--a passenger carrying train with 24 coaches. The rake is likely to be the model for upcoming passenger trains in future. The pictures are showing off the following features that Railways said will better the travelling experience.
1) Jerk-proof seats
2) Seats are more spacious than older ones
3) The seats are also fire-proof made of poly-venyl material
4) Ample us of chrome and matte surfaces. Railway said that chrome and matte lend the coaches the “space-age” look
5) Revamped coaches feature berths in a striking purple shade
6) LED reading light
7) Middle berths have side support railing
8) Mobile, laptop charging points
9) Wider side berths
10) Illuminated signs
11) Convenient ladders
12) carpet-like floor
The "model rake'' has been designed in the Indian Railways Coach Rehabilitation Workshop in Bhopal, West Central Railway.