India's industrial output down 2.1% in November
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: India's Industrial production (IIP) in November shrunk 2.1 percent from 1.8 percent in October, government data showed on Friday.
Manufacturing growth witnessed a slump from 2 percent to 3.5 percent. Ten out of 22 industry groups in the manufacturing sector have shown negative growth during the month of November.
Consumer goods output declined by 8.7 percent in November compared to a contraction of 0.3 percent in the same month in 2012.
The negative government data is bound to further stoke fears as Asia's third-largest economy is still grapple with slowing growth while also battling rampant inflation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300