Rail passengers must fulfill some criteria to avail 50 percent discounts on train fare.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian Railways offers 50 percent discounts on train tickets. But rail passengers must fulfill the following criteria to avail the discounts.
Know, how you can avail 50 percent discount on train tickets.
- Railways consider women above 58 years of age as senior citizens. So if you are above 58 you can avail 50 percent discount on train fares. Remember, you can get rebate of only 40 percent of base fare.
- Railways consider men above 60 years of age as senior citizens. So if you are above 60 you can avail 50 percent discount on train fares. Remember, you can get rebate of only 40 percent of base fare.
- You have to select option in IRCTC form for getting rebate.
- You will also have to produce certificates issued by a government authority, municipal corporation, educational institution like driving license, passport, birth certificate, educational qualification certificate etc.
- You must declare that you are a senior citizen before submitting the form to IRCTC and attach the necessary document.
- The certificate must clearly mention your date of birth so that your exact age can be ascertained.
- You must clearly mention in the form if you are a senior citizen as well as ill and are being accompanied by a doctor.