KYC norms meant to curb multiple LPG connections, says HPCL
Chandrapur (Maha): The recent drive for collecting data from LPG consumers through Know Your Customer (KYC) norms is aimed at curbing multiple LPG connections held by an individual and it is not mandatory for all consumers to complete formalities, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd's (HPCL) Senior Regional Manager (Sales) Amitabh Dhar said.
He that KYC formalities have to be complied only by customers who have more than one connection in their name or the same residential address for more than one connection, those who have obtained a new connection and those who transferred their connections from one place to other.
He said that only one connection of those having multiple connections in their name would be transferred to the name of their legal heirs like wife, son or daughter after their death. The remaining connections would have to be surrendered, he said.
He also said that the online booking system for a LPG refilling will be made more customer-friendly soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300