Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Cars, cigarettes, branded garments, air travel will become more expensive with some of the service tax proposals announced in the Budget coming into effect from Wednesday (June 1).
With the imposition of 0.5 percent Krishi Kalyan Cess (KKC) from June 1, the total incidence of service tax will increase to 15 percent, thus making eating out, phone usage, air and rail travel, expensive.
Continuing the trend set by his many predecessors, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had also imposed up to 15 percent excise duty on all tobacco products.
Following is a list of items that will turn costlier:
5. All services like bill payments, eating out, air travel
6. Ready made garments and branded apparel of more than Rs 1,000
7. Gold and Silver; jewelery articles excluding silver
8. Water including mineral water, aerated water containing added sugar or sweetening matter
9. Goods and services above Rs 2 lakh in cash
10. Aluminum foil
11. Air Travel
12. Plastic bags and sacks
13. Ropeway, cable car rides
14. Imported imitation jewellery
15. Industrial solar water heater
16. Legal services
17. Lottery tickets
18. Traveling by hiring stage carriage
19. Hiring of packers & movers
20. E-reading devices
21. Instruments for VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol)
22. Imported Golf Cars
23. Gold bars