Lokpal to cost Rs 200 crore every year to the exchequer
According to the financial memorandum attached with 'The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Bill, 2011', the anti-corruption body is expected to incur an expenditure of Rs 200 crore in a financial year.
The memorandum attached to the 97 clause, 65 page bill, however, says that it is not possible to give the "precise details" of the expenditure to be incurred on Lokpal at this stage.
But the memorarundum said it is expected that Lokpal would involve a non-recurring initial expenditure of Rs 100 crore for its establishment.
An additional expenditure of Rs 400 crore would be needed if it becomes necessary to construct a building to house the establishment of the Lokpal.
Earlier today, the government introduced in Lok Sabha the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Bill, aimed at setting up the body of Lokpal at the Centre and Lokayuktas at the level of the States.
Government also introduced a Bill for amending the Constitution for conferment of Constitutional status on both bodies.
Government also withdrew earlier Lokpal Bill, 2011 as it decided to introduce a new comprehensive Lokpal and Lokayuktas Bill, 2011 Bill after consideration of the suggestions made by the Parliamentary Committee which recommended significant changes in the scope and content of the earlier Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20