`Lower interest rates may not be enough to stimulate growth`
Mumbai: Lower real or nominal interest rates may not be enough to stimulate growth when non-monetary factors impede revival in growth, Deepak Mohanty, executive director at RBI, said on Friday.
The negative impact of increase in policy rate is first felt on output before moderating impact on inflation, he said in a speech.
India's headline inflation accelerated to 5.79 percent in July, the fastest pace in five months, mainly driven by higher food prices and costlier imports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300